Connect (Police Knowledge Fund)
The IEE, with the University of York, collaborated with North Yorkshire Police on new approaches to dealing with mental health problems.
The aim of this project was to build on partnerships already being developed in North Yorkshire to find better ways of dealing with mental health issues through increased collaboration, the identification of ‘what works’, the production and sharing of research information and improved systematic training. Its aim was to contribute to a culture change in how issues of mental health are dealt with by helping the police to properly identify key issues and collaborate with other agencies to improve outcomes.
In the attached documents you can read:
- An executive summary of findings from the Connect project
- An Evidence Briefing on North Yorkshire Police officers’ and staff’s views of working practices around mental health
- An Evidence Briefing on the research methods training for North Yorkshire Police
- A logic model for the Connect project
- A theory of change for the Connect project
A further five reports from projects funded by the IEE Innovation Evaluation Grants have been …
Lisa Whitworth from Sidmouth College and Emma Sutherland from Nesta are the first confirmed keynote …